The store is owned by Scott Nichols, a passionate coin collector with over 20 years of experience in the rare coin business. Scott is a life long Ames resident (Go Cyclones!) and involved in many numismatic organizations. Scott is a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and a past president of the Iowa Numismatic Association and Ames Coin Club.
Who is Chester?
We get this question a lot! Any guesses? The store is named after our family dog, Chester (a pug), who was our pet when we first opened the store.
Facts about Chester’s:
- Chester’s Coins & Gifts is an authorized PCGS and NGC dealer.
- We have been at our current location since August of 2004.
- We buy, sell, trade and appraise rare coins, currency, and gold and silver bullion.
- Chester’s Coins & Gifts is the only local retailer of beer and wine making supplies.
- Scott and his son Kirk offer a friendly atmosphere where our customers become our friends. Come in and say hi!